Makes 12 / vegetarian
We all adore these muffins at home; they are sweet, delicious and nutty. They are also great for a snack or to take on a picnic. Put them in your kids’ lunch boxes for a nice surprise!
- 275g (10oz) plain flour
- 50g (2oz) oats
- 1 tbsp baking power
- 2 eggs
- 150g (5oz) light brown sugar
- 2 bananas (200g (7oz)), peeled and mashed
- 125g (41/2oz) crunchy peanut butter
- 50g (2oz) butter, melted
- 250ml (8fl oz) milk
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F), Gas mark 5. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper muffin cases.
- Place the flour, oats and baking powder in a bowl, mix together and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, add the light brown sugar, mashed bananas, peanut butter and the melted butter. Stir to mix, then add the milk and stir to combine. Add the dry ingredients and fold in gently, do not over-mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin cases and bake for 18–24 minutes,
- or until the tops spring back when gently touched. Allow to stand in the muffin pan for a minute before turning out to cool on a wire rack.