Cheese, Basil & Sundried Tomato Bread
Makes about 32 double
- 60g butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 40 g (about 12) sundried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 15 ml sugar
- 4 x 250 ml (560 g) Snowflake self-raising flour
- 5 ml salt
- 2 ml paprika
- 30 ml chopped fresh basil or 10 ml dried
- 250 ml (100 g) grated cheddar cheese
- 3 extra large eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 60 ml cooking oil
- Heat butter in a small, heavy-based frying pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes until soft. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Add sun-dried tomatoes and sugar.
- Sift flour, salt and paprika together. Add basil and cheese.
- Add onion mixture to flour mixture and mix well.
- Whisk eggs, milk and oil together. Add to flour mixture and mix well. Add more milk if needed.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 22.5 cm loaf pan and bake in pre-heated oven at 180 °C for 50 – 60 minutes. Leave in pan for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
Watch the Insert Here