Makes 1 large pie or 6 small pies
- SHORTCRUST PASTRY
- 500 ml (280 g) Snowflake cake flour
- 2 ml salt
- 200 g cold butter
- 15 ml castor sugar (optional)
- 1 extra-large egg yolk
- About 20 ml ice cold water
- 5 ml fresh lemon juice
- 360 g can Caramel Treat
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 125 ml fresh cream
- 30 ml castor sugar
- 30 ml Frangellico liquer (optional)
- Dark chocolate for grating
- Pastry: Sift flour and salt together.
- Cut butter into small pieces and rub into flour with fingertips until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Whisk egg yolk, water and lemon juice together. Add to dry ingredients and cut in with a knife. Knead lightly to a firm pastry (step 2 and 3 can be done in a food processor)
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of about 3 mm. Line a greased 23 cm ovenproof pie dish with pastry, prick base and bake blind in a preheated oven at 190 °C for 10 minutes. Remove greaseproof paper and beans and continue baking for 5 minutes until pastry is golden brown. Leave to cool.
- Filling: Spread caramel over base, arrange banana slices on top of caramel.
- Whip cream and sugar together unitl soft peak stage. Add liqueur and gently spread over bananas.
- Grate chocolate over cream and serve immediately.
Watch the Insert Here