- 500 ml (280 g) Snowflake cake flour
- 10 ml baking powder
- 5 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 3 ml slat
- 5 ml ground cinnamon
- 200 ml (160 g) sugar
- 5 ml grated orange rind (optional)
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 100 ml milk or plain yoghurt
- 125 ml cooking oil
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 3 large bananas, mashed (about 250 ml)
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda. Salt and cinnamon together. Add sugar and orange rind.
- Whisk eggs, milk, oil and essence together. Add to dry ingredients, alternately with mashed bananas. Mix lightly until ingredients are combined. Do not over-mix, mixture should still be lumpy.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin pans, filling each two thirds full/ Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 °C for 20 – 25 minutes until done and golden brown. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve warm with butter.
Substitute milk with fresh orange or lemon juice.
Add 125 ml (75g) seedless raisins, sultanas or any nuts of your choice such as pecans or walnuts.