- 1.6 kilograms pork belly ribs
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tablespoons clear honey
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard (level)
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed chillies (optional)
- Put the ribs in a pan, cover with cold water, bring to the boil and then gently simmer for 25 minutes, skimming off any fat that slowly rises to the surface. Drain. Transfer to a roasting tin.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Mix together the sweet chilli sauce, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, mustard, oil and crushed chillies, if using.
- Pour over the ribs and toss so they are well coated, distributing them evenly in the tin.
- Cook for 30 minutes, turning the ribs over in the tin and basting every 10 minutes during cooking.