Soba Noodles With Sesame Seeds and a ruby pink
- 75 grams sesame seeds
- 250 grams soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 5 spring onions
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan over a high heat until they look golden brown, and tip them into a bowl.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add some salt. Put in the soba noodles and cook them for about 6 minutes (or according to packet instructions) until they are tender but not mushy. Have a bowl of iced water waiting to plunge them into after draining.
- In the bowl you are going to serve them in, mix the vinegar, soy sauce, honey and oil. Then finely slice the spring onions and put them into the bowl with the cooled, drained noodles and mix together thoroughly before adding the sesame seeds and tossing again.
- Leave the sesame seed noodles for about half an hour to let the flavours develop, although this is not absolutely necessary or sometimes even possible.
Additional information – for gluten free check that the soba noodles are 100% buckwheat and use tamari instead of soy sauce.