Yorkshire Pudding with Sausage
Yorkshire Pudding with sausage (toad in the hole)
Yield: 12 servings
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 3 chicken sausages
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs just to blend. Gradually whisk in milk. Sift flour and salt into egg mixture and whisk until well blended and smooth. Let batter stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes before using.
- Re-whisk before using. Transfer to large measuring cup or pitcher with a spout so easy to pour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut each sausage into 4 pieces so have 12 pieces of sausage.
- Heat muffin tin with 12 muffin cups in oven for 10 minutes.
- Transfer grapeseed oil to measuring cup with spout so can easily pour into the muffin tin. Pour about 1 tsp. oil in each muffin cup. Return pan to oven until fat is very hot, about 5 minutes. Add a piece of sausage to each muffin tin. Roast sausages until just cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Pour batter evenly into the muffin cups with sausages.
- Bake puddings until golden brown and puffy, about 12 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately out of oven while still hot. Puddings will sink slightly in centre when removed from the oven.