Yield: 4 servings.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. flax meal
- 1 tbsp. wheat germ
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cup low fat milk + 2 tbsp.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- Vegetable oil, for cooking pancakes
- Blueberries, for serving
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Low fat yogurt, for serving (optional)
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl – flours, flax meal, wheat germ, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In another medium bowl, add all the wet ingredients – vanilla, 1 ½ cups milk, eggs and grapeseed oil. Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Gently stir. If mixture is too thick, thin with 2 tbsp. milk. Do not over mix.
- Heat two 6-inch non-stick fry pans over medium-high heat. (Alternatively, use a griddle or cast iron skillet). Add 1 tbsp. vegetable oil to the pan and wipe out the excess with paper towel.
- Add 1/4 cup of batter and cook until the top of the pancake bubbles. Flip and continue cooking until the bottom is lightly golden brown, about 2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter, keeping the pancakes warm in a low oven as you make them.
- Serve with lots of fresh blueberries and maple syrup. Add a dollop of yogurt, if desired.