Yield: 8 servings.
- 8 large Boston bibb lettuce leaves, left whole
- 2 cups torn pieces of Boston bibb lettuce leaves
- 8 cups baby romaine lettuces
- Handful fresh basil leaves, torn
- Juice of 1 to 2 limes
- 3 tbsp. apple juice
- 2 tsp. tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of toasted hazelnuts
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- To make the dressing: add juice of 1 lime juice, apple juice, soy sauce, honey, Dijon and salt and pepper to a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Taste for seasoning. If desired add olive oil to add more body to the dressing. For a tangier dressing, add more lime juice.
- Add 2 cups torn Boston bibb lettuce, baby romaine and basil leaves to a large bowl. Toss with dressing. Serve greens in large Boston bibb leaves to create a salad cup, garnish with toasted hazelnuts and avocado.