Adjust sugar and lemon juice to taste depending on the sweetness of berries.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 to 2 tbsp. cornstarch, to thicken
- Add berries, lemon zest, lemon juice, orange juice, vanilla, sugar and maple syrup to wide saucepan. Bring to a boil. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Dissolve 1 tbsp. cornstarch into 2 tbsp. water or orange juice. Stir into bubbling mixture. Let come to a boil to thicken. For a thicker sauce, add more cornstarch.