Yield: 6 servings.
- 1 bunch rapini, washed, cut into 3-inch lengths, thick stems discarded
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- Pinch of red chile flakes, optional
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the rapini and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- In large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic. Cook until the garlic is golden, about 3 minutes. (Be careful not to burn the garlic at this stage.) Increase the heat to medium high and add chile flakes, lemon zest. Let cook for 1 minute Add tender rapini and cook over moderately high heat until heated through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with pine nuts.