Yield: 8 servings.
- About ½ pound pizza dough, store bought is fine
- ½ cup fresh basil tomato sauce
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
- 6 to 8-ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced into ¼ -thick rounds
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Cornmeal or flour, for sprinkling on pizza pan
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Using your hands, stretch and pull pizza dough into 10 to 12-inch rounds depending on how thin you want your crust. Alternatively roll with a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle some flour or cornmeal on the pizza pan. Place a round of dough onto pan. Evenly spoon over tomato sauce. Sprinkle with basil and cheese. Season the pizza with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until topping is bubbly and crust is golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cut into 8 slices.