Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry
Yield: 4 servings.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Pinch of hot red pepper flakes, or taste (optional)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Handful broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp. tamari or soy sauce, to taste
- Handful unsalted toasted peanuts, for garnish
- 3 green onions, sliced, for garnish
- 2 cups steamed rice, for serving
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a wok or large sauté pan over high heat. Season chicken with salt and hot pepper flakes. Add chicken to wok and toss until cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp. oil to wok and heat on high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and toss for 3 minutes. Add remaining vegetables and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add a drop of water to cook vegetables faster. Add teriyaki, honey, lime and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Add chicken back and heat through. Add tamari or soy sauce, to taste if desired. Garnish with peanuts and green onions. Serve with rice.