Yield: 8 servings
- 1/3 cup champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about juice of 1 lemon)
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil, or to taste
- 1 tbsp. minced shallot (optional)
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- One 5-ounce package of mixed European style greens (lamb’s lettuce, radicchio and frisée)
- About 1 cup root chips, for garnishing plate
- 8 heaping tbsp. goat cheese
- To make the vinaigrette: whisk together the champagne vinegar, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Add shallot. Whisk and slowly drizzle in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Alternatively add all ingredients to jar and shake.
- Taste vinaigrette with lettuce leaf and balance acidity to suit your liking. Add more olive oil if too acidic and more lemon juice if you prefer a little more kick.
- Combine the lettuces in a large bowl. Add 6 tbsp. vinaigrette. Toss. Adjust with more dressing if needed. Plate salad and garnish with pieces of crumbled goat cheese and root chips.