Yield: 4 to 6 servings. (Depends on your appetite.)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 16 medium shrimp, peeled, tail-on
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, chopped, or to taste
- Pinch of hot pepper flakes, or to taste
- 3-ounces Hungarian-style salami, sliced
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. capers
- One 19-ounce can Italian plum tomatoes, crushed
- Handful of Italian parsley, chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound package capellini pasta
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta. Add pasta when sauce is almost done.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over high heat. Sauté shrimp until golden and just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and remove. Set aside.
- In same skillet, add onions, anchovies and hot pepper flakes. Sauté until onions soften slightly, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add salami, garlic and capers. Continue to sauté.
- Add tomatoes with juices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Let the sauce simmer while pasta cooks.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add shrimp back to sauce and let heat through. Add parsley. Toss to combine.
- Toss capellini with sauce. Serve.