Yield: 8 servings.
- 3 medium carrot, peeled
- Handful, pitted black olives
- Handful fresh mint, chopped or torn
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. orange zest (optional)
- Juice of 1 to 2 oranges
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Using a wide vegetable peeler, peel the carrots in long strips. Alternatively, grate carrots
- Add carrots, olives, mint, red onion, ginger and orange zest to large bowl. Season Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Add orange juice, lime juice and olive oil. Toss
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.