Donna Hay Fast, Fresh, Simple
Donna Hay is Australia’s best-selling cookbook author and home cooking icon. In Donna Hay fast, fresh, simple she shows us how to use some of her repertoire of short-cuts and tricks of the trade to achieve her signature style and easy to prepare meals that really do look as good as they taste.
Episode 1 – Modern Classics
Donna revamps some classics with her chic and easy version of Steak and Three Veg and her special twist on Pasta Carbonara. Find out her secret to the perfect BBQ Chicken Burger and her two favourite ingredients come together to make the ultimate dessert – Coconut and Macaroon Ice-Cream Sandwiches. Also see her Chocolate and Cinnamon Wontons and Chicken with Haloumi and Honey
- Steak and Three Veg
- Pasta Carbonara
- BBQ Chicken Burger
- Coconut and Macaroon Ice-Cream Sandwiches
- Chocolate and Cinnamon Wontons
- Chicken with Haloumi and Honey
Episode 2 – Fresh Spin on Old Favourites
Leftovers never looked so good as Donna whips up her version of Prawn Fried Rice. Her Gourmet Beef Burgers will add simple sophistication to any BBQ and discover the cheat’s way to an easy and light Crème Brulée.
- Prawn Fried Rice
- Cheat’s Chocolate éclairs
- Pumpkin Ricotta Ravioli
- Roasted Chicken and Chorizo
- Gourmet Beef Burger
- Cheat’s Raspberry Brulée
Episode 3 – Simply Summer
Simply Summer as Donna takes the fear out of soufflé with her Goat’s Cheese Soufflés that anyone can make…the freshest Summer Tomato Pasta with a simple no cook sauce and her new take on the classic Peach Crumble.
- Summer Tomato Pasta
- Chicken Rice Noodle Salad
- Raspberry Trifle
- Goat’s Cheese Soufflé
- Barbecued Lamb, Eggplant & Haloumi
- Peach Crumble Galette
Episode 4 – Mealtimes Made Easy
Mealtimes made easy as Donna cooks up One Pot Chinese Chicken and standby pasta that you won’t even need to shop for. Caesar Salad gets a total transformation as Donna gives it her fresh take. And Berry Mille Feuille – a glamorous dessert that’s so simple., anyone can do it.
- The New Caesar Salad
- Standby Brownies
- One-pot Chinese Chicken
- Egg And Bacon Pies
- Standby Porcini Pasta
- Berry Mille Feuille
Episode 5 – Fast Flavours
Deliver big results in the minimum of time. Donna makes tasty Pork and Fennel Meatballs in minutes, teaches her tricks for the perfect Roast Pumpkin Soup and whips up a fresh and simple guilt free dessert, Mango and Banana Gelato.
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Simple Apple and Blueberry Cake
- Pork and Fennel Meatballs
- Simple Three Cheese Pasta
- Mango and Banana Yoghurt Gelato
- Lime and Lemongrass Chicken
Episode 6 – Fast Flavours
Never fear pastry again….Donna cooks up the easiest Chicken Pie you’ll ever make and shows her secret to simple Jam Tarts. Be inspired by her totally tasty Thai Fish Cakes and a magical Baked Lemon Pudding you won’t want to share.
- Chicken Pies
- Jam Tarts
- Simple Thai Fish Cakes
- Roasted Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
- Baked Italian Chicken
- Baked Whole Lemon Pudding
Episode 7 – Standby Staples
Donna freshens up a family favourite with her quick and easy take on Chicken Schnitzel, offers a new spin on Greek Salad and makes a Tiramisu so simple you’ll want it every night.
- Grilled Chicken Schnitzel With Fennel slaw
- Deconstructed Tiramisu
- Pasta With Ricotta and Prosciutto
- Grilled Feta Greek Salad
- Spinach And Feta Pies
- Ultimate One-bowl Chocolate Dessert Cake
Episode 8 – Cheat Eats
More secrets revealed as Donna makes a perfect Roast Chicken and Chips in only half the time, a simple Slow Cooked Balsamic Lamb that’s super tender and full of flavour and she reveals her no fail method for Chocolate Fondants that are perfect every time.
- Speedy Roasted Chicken And Chips
- Cheat’s Caramel Ice-cream
- Caramelised Onion Galette
- Chorizo, Spinach And Ricotta frittata
- Slow-Cooked Balsamic and Garlic Lamb
- Cheat’s Chocolate Fondant
Episode 9 – Dinners Updated
Modernise your mealtimes the simple way with Donna’s version of Steak and Mash – Seared Beef with Garlic White Beans, a no-fuss Fig and Gorgonzola Tart, no chop Vegetable Soup and an almost guilt-free Buttermilk Pannacotta.
- Seared Beef with Garlic White Beans
- Rhubarb Puddings
- Fig and Gorgonzola Tart
- Easy Vegetable Soup
- Ginger-poached Chicken
- Buttermilk Panna Cotta
Episode 10 – Fresh flavours
Life’s too short to mess around with pastry. Donna shows her cheat’s solution when she cooks up her easy Caramelised Onion, Potato and Feta Tart. |
Her Garlic Prawn Pasta takes mere minutes; and she bakes a Simple Lemon Yoghurt Cake that’s perfect for afternoon tea in a hurry.
- Garlic Prawn Pasta
- Caramelised Figs With Maple Mascarpone
- Caramelised Onion, Potato And Feta Tart
- Eggs On Toast
- Thai Chicken Soup
- Lemon Yoghurt Cake
Episode 11 – Instant Dinners
No more excuses for dull dinners as Donna cooks her quick and easy Greek Inspired Lamb Meatballs, Maple Glazed Chicken and Pork Loin with Stilton, Port and Honey Glaze. And for dessert? No Fuss Banana Caramel Pudding.
- Greek-inspired Lamb Meatballs
- Bacon And Lentil Soup
- Maple-glazed Chicken
- Lemon Pudding
- Pork Loin with Stilton, Port & Honey Glaze
- No-Fuss Banana Caramel Pudding
Episode 12 – Simple Suppers
Donna‘s simple recipe Too Easy Blueberry Muffins will have you baking before breakfast. Plus a no stir Baked Pumpkin and Sage Risotto and Porcini Salt Minute Steaks with Crispy Potato Rosti – a simple supper with bite.
- Lemon and Garlic Roasted Chicken
- Too-easy Blueberry Muffins
- Baked Pumpkin And Sage Risotto
- Blood Orange Granita
- Porcini Salt Minute Steaks With Rösti
- Chicken Salad With Cashews And Mint
Episode 13 – Modern Flavours
Food full of flavour as Donna cooks her tastiest, no mess Spice Roasted Ribs, a deceptively simple Quince Lamb with Blue Cheese Polenta, her fresh and crunchy Rustic Crumb Pasta and the easiest pavlova you’ll ever make.
- Sticky Chilli Chicken
- Coconut Jelly with Mango
- Quince Lamb & Blue Cheese Polenta
- Pavlova Cups
- Rustic Summer Crumb Pasta
- Spice-roasted Ribs