Wacky One Pan Chocolate Cake
- 180g (1 cups) cake flour
- 150g (¾ cup) caster sugar
- 60ml (¼ cup) cocoa powder, sifted
- 3ml (¾ tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 75ml (5 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) white vinegar
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- Fresh berries in season, to serve
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Spray a 20cm cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place flour, sugar, cocoa, bicarb and salt in this pan and mix. Using a wooden spoon, make one large indentation in the mixture and two smaller ones.
- Pour the oil into the large hole and the vinegar and vanilla separately into the smaller holes. Gradually add the water, mixing until just a few streaks of flour remain. Don’t overmix.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in the pan before turning out onto a rack.
- Top with berries, dust with icing sugar and serve with cream.