Three Greens Salad
- 200g green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed and blanched
- 200g frozen peas, thawed
- 15ml (1tbsp) sesame seeds, toasted
- Lemon Grass Dressing:
- 60g sugar
- 85ml (1/3 cup) water
- 30ml (2tbsp) rice vinegar
- 1 stalk of lemon grass, bruised
- 1 red chilli, seeded and sliced
- In a mixing bowl combine the greens.
- For the dressing place sugar, water and rice vinegar into a small pan and heat stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the lemongrass and chilli and bring to the boil and cook for 3-4 minutes or until syrupy.
- Remove from the heat and discard the lemon grass.
- Pour the hot dressing over the greens and toss to mix.
- Served garnished with sesame seeds.