We’re heading east in this episode as Hilary prepares an Asian menu with something for everyone. Starting with a prawn and pumpkin coconut soup, followed by Thai salmon fishcakes. She’ll also be doing a chicken and cashew stir-fry and a fresh and fragrant seared beef waterfall salad.
- 1 x 418g pink salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
- Handful of fresh parsley or coriander, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and sliced
- 60g(1cup) fresh white breadcrumbs, not dried
- 15ml (1tbsp) fish sauce
- 1 extra large egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and black pepper
- Cake flour for dusting
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Combine salmon, parsley, fresh chilli, breadcrumbs and fish sauce in a bowl and work in the egg to make a batter. If too runny add extra breadcrumbs. Season and shape into balls with wet hands.
- Flatten into discs, coat gently in flour and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat about 3cm oil in a pan and fry the fish cakes until golden on both sides. Drain on paper towel and serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce.
- Makes 12-18 depending on size.