Thai Carrot Salad
- 60ml (4tbsp) fish sauce
- 85ml (1/3 cup) brown sugar
- 125ml 91/2 cup) lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 large carrots, grated or sliced with vegetable peeler or ½ cabbage, grated
- 2-3 birds eye chillies, bruised
- 60ml (4tbsp) unsalted peanuts
- 30ml (2tbsp) ground dried shrimp
- Coriander to garnish
- For the dressing combine all the ingredients in a jug.
- Mix well and set aside.
- For the salad toss the carrots in the dressing adding the chillis.
- Add half the peanuts and half the ground shrimps and toss.
- Serve garnished with peanuts and remaining shrimps.
- Top with coriander and serve.