- 15ml (1 tbsp) oil
- ½ red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh coriander or parsley, finely chopped
- 2 extra-large eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 60g (½ cup) cake flour
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) baking powder
- milk, if necessary
- extra oil, for frying
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry red pepper and spring onions till softened. Transfer to a bowl and mix with the corn, coriander and eggs.
- Season to taste.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix until well combined.
- Add a little milk if the mixture is too stiff.
- Heat about 1cm oil in a non-stick frying pan, drop spoonfuls of the fritter mixture into the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towel and keep warm while repeating for the remaining mixture.