Speedy Chilli Con Carne Soup with Chocolate and Nachos
- 15ml (1 tbsp) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g lean beef mince
- 1 x 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 400g can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 750ml (3 cups) beef stock
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) dried chilli flakes
- Salt and black pepper
- 3-5 squares dark chocolate, chopped
- 12 store-bought corn chips (nachos)
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the mince and fry until brown.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, stock and chilli.
- Cook over a gentle heat for 30-40 minutes. Season and stir in the chocolate.
- Place the corn chips on a plate, top with the cheddar and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Serve the soup topped with cheesy nachos and garnished with coriander.