- 80ml ( ⅓ cup) mayonnaise
- 80ml ( ⅓ cup) plain yoghurt
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 5ml (1 tsp) sugar
- salt and black pepper
- 2 smoked trout fillets (or peppered smoked mackerel)
- 3 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, grated and tossed in a little lemon juice
- 1 pillow pack of mixed rocket, baby spinach and watercress
- olive oil and vinegar, for drizzling
- 30ml (2 tbsp) pecan nuts, toasted and chopped,
- 85g gorgonzola cheese, cubed
- Make a dressing by combining the mayonnaise, yoghurt, lemon zest and juice, sugar and seasoning. Mix well to blend. Lightly flake the fish and combine with the celery and apple, then toss gently with the dressing (the fish should not go mushy).
- Place the salad leaves on a serving platter, toss with a little olive oil and vinegar and top with the fish mixture.
- Sprinkle with the nuts and cheese and serve with seed bread.