- 1 medium fillet, cut into six thick steaks
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 45ml (3tbsp) butter
- 15-30ml (1-2 tbsp) readymade mustard
- 125g creamy blue cheese, crumbled
- 125ml (1/2 cup) cream
- 30ml (2tbsp) brandy
- parsley or thyme to garnish
- Brush each steak with olive oil and just before cooking season.
- Heat a generous splash of oil in a large frying pan and add the butter. Fry the steak for about 3-5 minutes per side for medium rare. Set aside to rest and make the sauce.
- Add the mustard, crumbled cheese and cream to the pan and stir until the cheese has melted. Warm the brandy and add to the sauce and ignite.
- Once the flames have ceased serve the steak with sauce poured over. Garnish with parsley.