- 240g (2 cups) cake flour
- Pinch of salt
- 5ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 5ml (1 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 15ml (1 tbsp) poppy seeds
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sesame seeds
- 1 extra-large egg, plus 1 extra-large egg yolk
- 200g (1 cup) sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) pale, light olive oil
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 60ml (1/4 cup) orange juice
- 60ml (1/4 cup) orange zest
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Grease or spray a 20cm springform pan and line the base with greaseproof paper. .
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and bicarb into a bowl.
- Add the poppy and sesame seeds. Whisk the egg, egg yolk and sugar till light and creamy, then beat in the oil, milk, orange juice and zest.
- Mix into dry ingredients and pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully turn out and dust with icing sugar.