A deliciously citrusy casserole that can easily be made for a crowd, and a good way to use extra stocks of marmalade.
- 1 large chicken, portioned
- 5cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 60ml (¼ cup) chunky marmalade
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10ml (2 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt
- Zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- Place chicken portions in a large baking dish. Combine the ginger, marmalade, garlic, mustard, salt, orange zest and juice and olive oil. Pour over the chicken and leave covered in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake the chicken for 45-60 minutes, basting every 15 minutes.
- The chicken is ready when it is sticky and golden brown.