Low Fat Tandoori Chicken
Low-fat cooking needn’t be boring. Hilary has a few interesting recipes that are full of flavour without the fat.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 10ml (2 tsp) paprika
- 8 chicken thighs on the bone
- 250ml (1 cup) fat free plain yoghurt
- a drop or two of red food colouring
- 3cm fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 7.5ml (1½ tsp) garam masala
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) ground cumin
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) chilli powder
- pinch of ground turmeric
- Toss the onion with the lemon juice and paprika until well combined.
- Using a sharp knife, cut about 3 slashes into each chicken thigh.
- Rub the onion mixture well into the chicken and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour over the chicken and leave for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade and cook for 10 -12 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a green salad.