- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- 400g courgettes, finely grated
- 30ml (2 tbsp) cake flour
- 5ml (1 tsp) mustard powder
- 3 extra-large eggs
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 30ml (2 tbsp) finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 100g (1 cup) grated mature cheddar cheese
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the onion and garlic till just softening.
- Add the carrot and courgettes marrows and fry for 2-3 minutes. Combine the flour, mustard powder, eggs, nutmeg and parsley.
- Season and whisk until well combined. Fold the courgette mixture into the egg mixture and mix thoroughly. Fold in the cheese and pour into a 20cm round ovenproof dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for about 25 minutes or until set.