Coffee Rub Burgers
- Coffee Rub:
- 15ml (1 tbsp) finely ground coffee
- 10ml (2 tsp) brown sugar
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) ground coriander
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) dried oregano
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) salt
- 10ml (2 tsp) coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 thick slices white bread, crusts removed
- 125ml (½ cup) milk
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 onion, finely grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10ml (2 tsp) Worcestershire sauce
- To serve:
- 6-8 hamburger rolls
- lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- barbecue sauce
- Combine all the ingredients for the coffee rub mix well and set aside.
- For the burgers soak the bread in the milk for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out excess liquid and add the bread to the mince with the onion, seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and shape into 6-8 large burger patties.
- Coat each burger patty in coffee rub and preheat the oven grill.
- Grill the burgers for 5-7 minutes on each side. Serve on hamburger rolls, garnished with lettuce, tomato, onion and barbecue sauce.