- 500g beef or lamb mince
- 7.5ml (1½ tsp) dried mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 200g (1 cup) uncooked rice
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g can tomato soup
- handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the mince, dried herbs, seasoning, ground cumin and garlic. Add the rice, mix well and shape into balls about the size of golf balls.
- Heat the oil in a large, ovenproof pan with a lid and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the tomato soup plus one soup can of water, mix well and bring to the boil.
- Carefully drop the mince balls into the mixture.
- Cover and bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for 45 minutes, stirring gently after 25 minutes.
- If the liquid cooks away too quickly, add extra water or stock.