Beef Waterfall Salad
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 coriander roots
- 150ml lime juice
- 250ml (1 cup) lemon juice
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fish sauce
- 2 blocks palm sugar
- 6 chillies, seeded and finely chopped, or to taste
- 80ml (⅓ cup) fresh basil
- 80ml (⅓ cup) fresh coriander leaves
- 80ml (⅓ cup) fresh mint leaves
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 80ml (⅓ cup) cubed papaya
- 80ml (⅓ cup) sprouts
- 200g beef fillet, seared and thinly sliced
- 15ml (1 tbsp) peanuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) brown rice dust (toast a spoonful of uncooked rice grains in the oven, then grind to a coarse powder)
- 5ml (1 tsp) black and white sesame seeds
- For the dressing, blend all the ingredients together, adding the chillies one at a time, tasting after each chilli until you are happy with the heat. Strain through a sieve and set aside until needed. The dressing will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
- For the salad, combine the basil, coriander, mint leaves, cherry tomatoes, papaya and sprouts in a bowl. Drizzle over a little of the prepared dressing and toss to combine.
- To assemble the dish, pile a tower of salad into the centre of each plate. Place slices of beef fillet on one side of the salad , and sprinkle the salad with chopped, toasted peanuts, brown rice dust and mixed sesame seeds. Serve with extra dressing on the side, if desired.