Barley and Watermelon Salad
- 250ml (1 cup)barley, well rinsed
- 750ml (3 cups) water or chicken stock
- 2-3 discs feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
- 500ml (2 cups) watermelon, cubed
- Handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sesame seeds
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cover barley with water or stock in a pot and bring to the boil. Simmer for 45-60 minutes, till tender.
- Drain off excess water and cool completely. In a bowl, combine barley with feta, watermelon, parsley, spring onion and seeds.
- Combine dressing ingredients, pour over salad and toss to mix.