Asparagus and Tomato Pizzette
No one can resist good Italian food, and its so quick and easy to make yourself. In this episode Hilary prepares asaragus and tomato pitzette, chicken saltimbocca and a fiery penne arribiata. And for some picnic food, an antipasti loaf along with a sesame and poppy seed olive oil cake.
- Pizza Base:
- 500g bread flour
- 15ml (1tbsp) salt
- 5ml (1tsp) sugar
- 1 sachet instant yeast
- 60ml (4tbsp) olive oil
- About 250ML (1 cup) warm water
- 12 fresh asparagus spears
- 60ml (4tbsp) ready-made basil pesto ( or another preferred flavour)
- 200g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- For the base combine the flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a large mixing bowl. Combine the olive oil and water and use to bring the flour together.
- Knead gently then tip onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. Cover and set aside in a warm place till double in size. Knock back the bread dough and divide into 12 pieces about the size of a gold ball. Roll each ball into a circle on a lightly floured surface and place on a spray baking tray.
- Trim the asparagus, cut each spear in half and blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Spread the pesto on the pizzette bases and top with mozzarella slices. Scatter over asparagus and tomatoes and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Serve sprinkled with extra Parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh basil.