Turkey Sausage and Spinach Sauté
- 1 # lean Turkey sausage, about 1 package sliced into 1-inch rounds
- 3 10 oz. packages organic baby spinach
- ¼ cup chicken broth, low sodium is better, you control the salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat; add the oil and sauté the sliced sausage and garlic.
- Add spinach, lemon juice and zest and chicken stock, cover and cook until spinach is cooked down, about 5 minutes.
- Half way through cooking toss spinach mixture with tongs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Tip: Pre-cooked sausage is easier to slice and since it’s cooked you need just to heat it through.