Serves 2 (2 cups per person)
Calories per serving: 353
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, egg white, milk, cinnamon and honey. Spray a nonstick muffin pan with calorie-free vegetable spray. Carefully dip each slice of the bread into the egg/milk mixture and press it into the muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes, until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese until smooth. Spoon equal amounts of the ricotta mixture into each of the bread cups and top with berries. Drizzle the maple syrup on top.