Peanut Butter Bars
- 2 100-calorie packs Oreo thins, finely ground in a food processor (scant 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup creamy reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 1/2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Line a 9- by 4-inch loaf pan with wax paper, leaving a 2 inch overhang on the long sides.
- Combine the ground cookies, oats, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Stir in the butter until everything is evenly moistened. Stir in 1 tablespoon peanut butter until mixture forms large clumps. Transfer mixture to lined loaf pan and press into an even layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla, remaining 3 tablespoons peanut butter, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and beat on medium speed until pale and nearly doubled in volume, about 7 minutes. Transfer to the loaf pan and spread in an even layer over cookie crust. Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the chocolate with a spoon over the chilled peanut butter layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 10 minutes. When ready to serve, lift bars out of the pan using the wax paper overhang. Cut crosswise into 8 bars and serve cold.