Easy, Moderate, Complex
- 2 good handfuls of parsley leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves (40 g)
- 1/2 cup celery leaves (40 g)
- 1 sprig oregano leaves
- 1 x 19 ounce tin chick peas, rinsed and drained (540 grams)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved (250 g)
- ½ English cucumber, stripped and seeded and cut in ½ inch chunks (1.25 cm chunks)
- ½ red onion thinly sliced in half moon slices
- 1 pita bread toasted with garlic and oil (using 1 pita cut in quarters and split)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil (60 ml)
- S & Pepper
- Toast Pita Bread. Open a bread and cut in half. Rub with a clove of garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Give a sprinkle of salt. Roast at 400 for 10 minutes till medium brown.
- Place all your herbs and leaves in a bowl.
- In another bowl add your chopped veg: tomato, cuke, onion
- To the veg bowl, add oil, salt, lemon. Toss.
- At time of serving ONLY add herbs to veg bowl. Toss all, Taste and adjust seasoning. Add toasted pita bread that you crunch into your hands to make smaller pieces. Serve up.