Yield: 4 servings.
- 4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 3 – 4 tablespoons olive oil (45-60 ml)
- A pinch of sea salt
- A grinding of fresh ground black pepper
- A few sprinkles of smoked paprika
- A few sprinkles of steak spice
- Heat oven to 425 degrees (220 C).
- Cut potatoes into nice thick ‘handcut fry slices’.
- Place in large bowl and cover with cold water. You can do this in advance if you want – for up to 24 hours. It helps to remove excess starch.
- Drain and Pat dry on paper towel. Arrange in single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Bake till tender and golden crispy outside – about 40 minutes.
- When out of the oven hit them with some dashes of steak spice.