Easy, Moderate, Complex
Yield: 6- 8 servings
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (80 ml)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup 35% cream (125 ml)
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar (300 g)
- 1 cup pecans (250 g)
- 1 pie shell, basic short crust pastry
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour (185 g)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, chilled, rough chopped (115 g)
- 1 egg, chilled
- 1 tablespoon ice water + more if needed (15 ml)
- Process flour, butter and a pinch of salt in a food processor until mixture resembles big breadcrumbs.
- Whisk egg and 1 tablespoon chilled water in a bowl until combined,
- With food processor motor running, add wet mixture to flour mixture. Process until mixture begins to form large clumps, stopping machine before mixture forms a ball. If it needs a bit more water, add it. You want the dough to just barely hang together, and not be too wet.
- Turn pastry out on to a work surface and knead very gently to bring together. Form into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. 2 is even better
- Roll out using a light dusting of flour on your board to desired thinness. Lay into pie shell, prick with a fork all over, trim and adjust the edge decoratively, as you wish. Proceed with recipe.
- In a large bowl, assemble pie ingredients (except nuts) and stir well to mix.
- Transfer pie mixture to your pastry lined pie dish Top with pecan nuts and bake at 350 degrees (177 C) for about 35 minutes or until set. Let cool before serving.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.