Easy, Moderate, Complex
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 thick cut pork chops (1 – 1 ½ inches) (3.8 cm)
- 2 large shallots
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 ml)
- 1/2 – ¾ cup cup vermouth (185 ml)
- S & P
- Season pork chops with coarse salt and cracked black pepper.
- In a large skillet on high heat add olive oil and butter.
- Sear the pork to brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side), turn heat down to medium and cook until cooked through, about 6 more minutes, depending on the thickness of your chops.
- Remove chops from the pan, drain off excess fat, return pan to heat and add minced shallots and allow them to soften. Then, add vermouth, scraping up all the browny bits. Let it simmer for a minute or two, reducing, then serve drizzled over the pork chops.