Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 2 tomatoes, cut in half horizontally
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp curry powder
- salt and ground black pepper
- 80g haloumi, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 2 eggs
- To serve (optional)
- toasted bread
- 2 tbsp tomato relish
- Mix sugar, curry powder, salt and ground black pepper on a saucer and dip cut side of tomatoes into the mixture. Pan-fry in a little olive oil until softened (about 2 minutes each side).
- Pan-fry haloumi in a little olive oil until golden (1-2 minutes each side). Drain on a paper towel. Place spinach in a pot with a little water, cook until just wilted then drain well and season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a gentle simmer, break in eggs and cook until just set (about 3-4 minutes). Serve on warmed plates with tomatoes, haloumi and spinach. Delicious with toasted bread and tomato relish on the side.