Roasted Pepper Boats
This is such a handy recipe when you need to whip up a starter or tapas platter at short notice. You just need peppers and a few storecupboard flavours.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Serves: 6 as a starter
- 3 small or 2 large red peppers
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 anchovies, halved
- 2 tbsp capers
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper for easy clean-up.
- Cut small peppers in half or large peppers into thirds, removing the pith and seeds.
- Arrange cut-side up on prepared baking tray.
- Mix olive oil and garlic and divide between pepper boats.
- Top each with half an anchovy and a few capers.
- Bake for 20 minutes until softened.