Green Beans with Olives and Garlic
Snap raw beans in half to test for freshness and remove the stringy bits if necessary.
Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 7 mins
Serves: 6 as a side
- 500g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- finely grated zest and juice of ½-1 lemon
- 2-4 tbsp finely chopped kalamata olives
- Drop beans into boiling water and cook 3-5 minutes. Refresh under cold water and drain without shaking off all the water (you want them wet so they cook evenly later).
- Heat olive oil in a frypan and gently fry garlic, lemon zest and a little salt for one minute without browning.
- Add olives and beans and cook over a medium-low heat until warmed through (1-3 minutes).If they dry out and start to brown, add a little water.
- Transfer to a serving plate, season to taste with salt and ground black pepper and drizzle with lemon juice to serve.