Beetroot, Fennel and Goat Cheese Salad
The trick with raw beetroot is to slice or grate it finely so it doesn’t taste too earthy.
Prep time:10 mins
Serves: 6 as a starter
- 2 medium beetroot, peeled
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 100g goat cheese
- 2 tbsp boutique extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Shave beetroot and fennel into the thinnest possible slices using a mandolin or vegetable peeler.
- Divide between 6 serving plates. Sprinkle each plate with a few walnuts and a little crumbled goat cheese, then drizzle a little olive oil and a little balsamic glaze around each plate.
- Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper and serve immediately.