Apricots with Macaroon Topping
This coconut topping can be baked over any ripe stone fruit and also used as a topping for slices or tarts. Make it in bulk and keep it in the fridge for up to a week.
Prep time:5 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
- 6 large or 8-10 small apricots
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a baking dish with baking paper for easy clean-up.
- Halve apricots and remove stones. Pack closely in a single layer in the baking dish, cut-side up.
- Place cream and sugar in a medium pot and heat, stirring, until the cream boils and the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and mix in coconut and vanilla. Divide over the apricots.
- Bake until topping is golden and crispy and apricots are soft (about 40 minutes). If macaroon browns too rapidly, cover with foil until apricots are cooked through. Delicious served hot with whipped cream, ice cream or syllabub.