Total Time: 28 min
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 18 min
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Gremolata is one of my favorite simple touches to transform a dish into something with that extra “zing”.
- Simple Couscous:
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups water
- 1 cup instant couscous
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and grated
- 6 ounces or 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves washed, dried and roughly chopped
- 1 splash extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring the water to a simmer in a small pot over medium heat, then turn off the heat.
- In a shallow baking dish combine the couscous, salt and olive oil, tossing to coat. Add in the warm water and smooth the couscous into an even layer. Cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap and allow it to rest for 15 minutes by the stove.
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice with the sea salt, garlic and parsley. Stir in enough olive oil to blend and bring the ingredients together. Taste for seasoning.
- When ready to serve, flake the couscous with a fork and taste for seasoning. If the texture is a little too al dente, microwave the dish for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Reseason the couscous with salt, if necessary. Toss it with the gremolata and, again, taste for seasoning.