Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 8 cups beef broth
- 4 large beets, peeled and chopped
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the broth, beets and potatoes in a large heavy-bottomed pot and bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook until the vegetables are just tender, about 20 minutes. Uncover and stir in the cabbage and red wine vinegar.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper (taste for sodium levels in the broth before salting).
- Simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ladle the soup into serving bowls and serve warm. Enjoy!