Stuffed Pork Chops
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup chopped prunes
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons lemon olive oil
- 4 pork loin rib chops, 1 1/2 inches thick
- Course salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- In a bowl, mix the prunes and almonds with 1 tablespoon of lemon olive oil.
- Cut a pocket on the side of each pork chop from the fat side to the bone. Season the outside of each chop with salt and pepper, to taste. Stuff each chop with 1/2-ounce of goat cheese, pushing it to the bottom of the opening, then stuff with the prune mixture. Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon olive oil in a large shallow Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sear the chops on both sides until golden brown. Add water to come 1/4 of the way up the side of chops. Cover and simmer until the chops are cooked, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove chops to a serving platter and simmer the liquid and any stuffing drippings until reduced to a thick sauce. Pour the sauce over the chops and serve garnished with toasted almonds.