Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Bring the broth and water to a boil in saucepan over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and keep hot.
- In another saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the scallions and cook for about 3 minutes. Stir in the rice, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the hot broth mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover the saucepan. Cook until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in walnuts and taste for seasoning, adjusting as necessary.
- Transfer the pilaf to a serving bowl and serve.